About Me

Amateur Photographer and part-time traveller. Travelled New York to San Francisco by car and train and back to NYC by train in August/September 2017. Returned to USA in March 2018 to see my girlfriend, Nancy whom I met on the train in September.

Don't forget to check out the Links to My Blogs (Winaladders Blogs) and the Blog Archive on the right hand side for more posts.

Sunday 29 March 2015

Moving, Shopping and Eating

 
Question. You are a removal firm in Paris and you're helping someone move house. You know you are going to be carrying washing machines, 3 seater sofas etc up a winding apartment staircase. What do you do? You use a fireman's rescue ladder to move everything in.
 
 


 
 
It's Sunday, you're in the Jewish neighbourhood, what do the smart set eat? Falafel of course. It's a Middle Eastern takeaway food and no, I didn't try it.

 

Still in the Jewish neighbourhood notice that the door for Micky's Deli says it has been open since 5755. No, I wasn't in a time warp. It's the way that Jewish people count their years. It's actually been open since 1995.




This is what a traditional Parisian restaurant should look like. Eating outside with traditional uniformed waiters. And no, I didn't sit down, it looked too expensive.


Sign of the times. Sadly since the Charlie Hebdo attacks French soldiers patrol the Jewish neighbourhood protecting schools, synagogues and businesses.
 

If you like seafood (in French, Fruit de Mer) then go to this restaurant.
 


If however like me you prefer sweet foods then come here instead.
 

 
If you like fruit (or radishes) then there are plenty of open air markets to satisfy you.




It's a grey, damp Sunday afternoon. You've brought your kids to the Pompidu Centre modern art gallery. You want to amuse the kids? Ask the Soap Bubble man to keep them entertained.





Pompidu Art Centre
 

 
Arts de Metiers - a Metro station that looks like it was made of metal. It was transformed into a 'Steampunk' in the style of a Jules Verne story.
 
And finally, last meal of the day and what a meal! This is what the waiter recommended. I thought I was getting a shish kebab style meal. As this was a German restaurant what I got was a mixture of duck, beef and smoked sausage suspended over my plate. I think I was supposed to pull down one item at a time onto the plate so that is what I tried. Délicieux!


1 comment: